Bleak House Cottage
Bleak House Cottage is a beautifully restored original stonemason’s cottage that sleeps up to two people with breath-taking views of the surrounding Peak District countryside. Wake up to the sound of the birds singing and settle down in the evening under a carpet of stars and silence.
To make your stay perfect we have included all modern conveniences including luxury en-suite shower, wood burning stove, central heating, traditional hand made and finished solid wood kitchen with usual facilities, full Sky package and free wifi. The Cottage has easy access, safe parking and two private patios and is in close proximity to all attractions in the Peak District including, Chatsworth House, Bakewell, Buxton, Leek, Rudyard Lake and dating back to the Doomsday Book, Longnor just a couple of miles away.
We are happy to assist sourcing local food hampers ready for your arrival and accept one small/medium dog by agreement. Conditions apply, please contact Maria before booking.
Don’t forget to bring your bikes – there are miles and miles of perfect cycling routes straight from the door, with secure cycle and equipment storage and jet washing facilities.
Come and enjoy long summer days walking in the Peak District. Here you can disconnect, de-stress, relax and recharge, with glorious walking straight from your front door.
Head off to one of the summer events, celebrate National Parks Week, visit RHS Chatsworth, enjoy Chatsworth stunning ‘Style’ celebration, or just mooch around the many country markets and indulge in locally sourced foods in country pubs and restaurants before returning home to the cottage. Bleak House Cottage is perfectly located in the Peak District for that perfect getaway. We offer some great deals!
The lounge / kitchen
- The lounge has a sofa, comfortable chair and log burner to create that cosy atmosphere. A modern wall mounted flat screen television comes with a complementary full Sky package.
- The cottage has a fully fitted, well equipped kitchen with stable door to outside rear private patio where you can enjoy the afternoon sunshine or have a barbecue for tea. Free WiFi,
- The kitchen is well equipped and includes a full-sized hob and oven, microwave oven, toaster, kettle and fridge with freezer compartment.
- Tea towels, hand towel, washing up liquid, including environmentally friendly, reusable, microfibre dish cloths etc. are all supplied – all you should need is your food!
- We understand the first thing you will enjoy upon your arrival is a refreshing drink so have included complementary coffee, tea, milk and sugar to welcome you.
- An intimate dining room for two with far reaching views over open countryside.
- The bedroom with spectacular views has a full size double bed with all linen and towels included. Luxury en-suite shower, WC, sink and complementary luxury toiletries.
- Bed linen (duvets, sheets and covers) and towels (one bath, one hand and one face per person) are supplied, and beds made ready for your arrival.
- Prices include heating, electricity, and basket of logs, bed linen and towels.
- Barbecues available for your use – please advise.
- We are happy to assist sourcing local food hampers and with a resident wine specialist a selection of wines to suit your palate.