Bleak House Cottage is a beautifully restored original stonemason’s cottage with breath-taking views of the surrounding Peak District countryside. Wake up to the sound of the birds singing and settle down in the evening under a carpet of stars and silence.
Bleak House Cottage is close to all attractions in the Peak District including, Chatsworth House, Bakewell, Buxton, Leek, Rudyard Lake and dating back to the Doomsday Book, Longnor just a couple of miles away.
At Bleak House Cottage we offer a warm welcome to all, we are happy to organise locally sourced food hampers and everyday essentials, provide expert wine selection, book guided walks or theatre tickets and offer local tourism advice.
Take a look inside Bleak House Cottage in our walk-through video.
The lounge / kitchen
- The lounge has a sofa, comfortable chair and log burner to create that cosy atmosphere. A modern wall mounted flat screen television comes with a complementary full Sky package.
- The cottage has a fully fitted, well equipped kitchen with stable door to outside rear private patio where you can enjoy the afternoon sunshine or have a barbecue for tea. Free WiFi,
- The kitchen is well equipped and includes a full-sized hob and oven, microwave oven, toaster, kettle and fridge with freezer compartment.
- Tea towels, hand towel, washing up liquid, including environmentally friendly, reusable, microfibre dish cloths etc. are all supplied – all you should need is your food!
- We understand the first thing you will enjoy upon your arrival is a refreshing drink so have included complementary coffee, tea, milk and sugar to welcome you.
- The bedroom with spectacular views has a full size double bed with all linen and towels included. Luxury en-suite shower, WC, sink and complementary luxury toiletries.
- Bed linen (duvets, sheets and covers) and towels (one bath, one hand and one face per person) are supplied, and beds made ready for your arrival.
- A washing machine, drier and iron is available for your use.
- Prices include heating, electricity, and basket of logs, bed linen and towels.
- Barbecues available for your use – please advise.
- We are happy to organise locally sourced food hampers and with a resident wine specialist a selection of wines to suit your palate.